Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Training Trips - BKK

Ladies and Gents of SIA Squash,

As preparation for the WAST2011 Dubai, I would like to propose a training trip to BKK.

I'm looking at a 3-day 2-night affair, can try to arrange 2 matches over that trip. Still plenty of makan and R&R opportunities.

Probable itinerary:
Day 1: morning flight SIN-BKK
late afternoon or early evening squash match
late dinner
Day 2: R&R morning and afternoon
early evening squash with a different team
late dinner (again)
Day 3: Leisure morning
Late afternoon flight BKK-SIN

Estimate cost:
Hotel: probably around SGD100/pax twin share over the 2 nights.
Airfare: each own-arranged subload ticket
Meals: Budget for another SGD100 over the 3 days, reasonable makan.
Shopping: No limit

Will have access to Sports Club overseas training trip support, I can check up the amount and post here.

Any interest? Please sign up and I'll pursue the planning.

Cheers,
Felix

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sign me up sawadee cup.
Yak keng

Jeremy Lee said...

Would probably need time to get the leave as I am block roster. They want me to clear leave too.

FelixC said...

I have written to the British Club (Bangkok) and The Royal Bangkok Sports Club to enquire if they'd be able to give us a game is we send up 5-6 players on a squash trip someday soon.

Meantime, the priority is HK for our annual SQ vs CX match, followed by the WAST2011 in Dubai. Bangkok is a good alternative if HKG doesn't pan out for some reason ;-)

cheers,
felix